Monday, October 3, 2011

HEEHEEEHEEE...I'VE BEEN NAAAAUGHTY!

            I was on the phone not too long back with OBA, the artistic overlord of all flatlanders, and I told him one of my favorite quips, “My female Blackfoot ancestors had NO problem with PMS…”
The following silence hung heavy for a long moment, clearly, OBA had no idea that a joke was coming…
“… ask G.A. Custer, those gals enjoyed every minute of it!”
OBA exploded in laughter.
I love that line.
As the title above today implies, I have lots of fun with my more wicked self, and I do so often, or at least, when the work is driving me crazy, and I just can’t make it make sense once again at the obvious end of another effective working day…
It is at moments like that I get into something I have long described as “white mice games…”
Okay, fine, I will agree, building little tiny mazes and seeing whether or not the muggles we meet will notice that they are in one and then to get them to run it… is not too nice…but call it my version of a sorting hat.  And it is better than pasting a pig’s tail on the truly deserving.
I do play nicer if they notice…
And nicer still if they laugh…
A recent series of e-mails will illustrate one such white mice game…
I gave it the same subject line as today’s entry, as always, the names have been changed to protect the … well, the ones in on the joke … some nice characters with more than a little innocent anarchist in their souls …
Forget about marching to a different drummer, these are some of those “samba’ing” through life to entirely different instruments in the orchestra, and you’d never notice them on the street if you saw them ….

SUBJECT: Heeheeeheee...I've been naaaaughty!

 Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:29 PM
TO: Singer (the teacher married to Charlie Brown, yes they both laughed at the names I tagged them with), Skyeyes(my #3 sib, trust me, it fits in more ways than one), OBA (I am not sure I really want to know for certain what that means, but I have my guesses, ROTFL), Big A (it’s where he’s from, this guy is a hoot)
Dear All,

Snuck in behind scenes at Wiki, and changed the Zheng He entry.

Added Fengtu (USA) to the list of visited locations on 7th voyage...

Footnoted (though not as well as I might like) the source of info as Luo's epic.

Gleefully maintained clinical detachment in limiting comments to that
Luo's  book is considered historically accurate, but that the actual
location of Fengtu has yet to be fully verified.

Thought I might get away with the addition if I did, but still force
the issue to be examined more closely.  Also commented that if it is
to be believed, that official reports of location of Zheng He's demise
are probably "hinky as all get out." (though not in those words!

Left that bit dangling to drive folks nuts enough to look into it for
themselves.

Now to pop popcorn and sit back and watch the firework... LOL, I am
such a closet pyro!!! I just love fireworks... whatever the source
....

mwah ha ha ha...
Dragon Hunter Lady
Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM
FROM: Singer
Sounds FUN....
Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Hey, DHL,

Cerfs them right!
Can you get in and mess with that somewhat rotten Piasa Bird Entry??????????
OBA
Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Dear OBA,

Wanna go for a tag-team event on that?  It's been corrected in recent
past by someone with a brain who had a clue.... some DORK "corrected
it back to WRONG again!!!!

***LOUD WHOOPEE CUSHION IMITATION IN PROGRESS ***

Not amusing what idiots will do to maintain their stupid!!!!

I wanna go so Blackfoot on Custer on the fool who pulled that!
DHL
Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM

DHL,

don't know the first thing about correcting or adding to Wiki-Poopia. It is a big con job.
Check the "entry" on the somewhat infamous packet Sultana.  Built by Lithoberry and it is listed as a steamship.  How about Lithurbury and steamboat?

Won't even comment on the Philip J. Lang page!

Speaking GAC.  Where do you find documentation on Libbie's life insurance policy on
George?????????

(my note to you to explain this tidbit: this comment was made in re, my previous comment in the same phone call mentioned above that Ms. Custer is also famous for cashing in the first million dollar policy ever issued … on her darling, dead GAC, of course…SMART girl, she knew an oncoming disaster when she saw one …apparently…)

OBA 
Following this e-mail,
I last commented to OBA that I didn’t know where to verify all that, but I had seen in on some documentary years back…
This thread of converse continues on even as we speak…
Such is the life of the Dragon hunters!
The gist of all this being…
Yup, there are fools out there who get their jollies correcting correct corrections …
Argh…
There endeth the lesson…
For now …

No comments:

Post a Comment