Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A TRIO OF SEMI-ANONYMOUS SPOILERS…

            To keep it simple and to the point…
My life is crazy.
Absolutely so.
But on the crazy front in the research department (talking about why the rest of my life is NUTS just takes too long!)…
My husband and co-conspirator in historical mayhem has been nagging me about providing some particular content for the book we’re getting together. So, I have been pulled off where I was and sent elsewhere…now if I can just keep him from sending me off on a third wild ride before this one is done … Let’s just say that Crazy Town has my face on the billboard as Mayor for a reason!!!!
But enough whining for now, must save some for a rainy day …
In the course of working to make sense of my translating work, …
(Oops, fair warning, I am currently working way down the line from what’s in the 2005 Nanjing paper that we’re about to get into, and sorry, but the answer to “what is it that she’s translating anyway?” is too juicy a nugget to dish up to you yet, and thus not one I’ll get to today.  Loooooong story…but you already figured that out…)
…I spent the last couple of days chasing stinky wild pigs, varying opinions on the properly respectful treatment of dead people, and laughing myself to tears at how, throughout history, men just don’t have a clue when others are just not that into them…
Ah, that sweet siren called historical research
& the UTTERLY wacked places it takes you…
As for the first item…
“Stink pigs” aka Javelinas…
Folks call javelinas “stink” or “musk pigs,” apparently with even more generous cause than the domestic varieties of porkers.  And, I found some… not in Arizona or the rest of the Midwest, though that might not be entirely true, in a particular way… Let’s just say, they are exactly where they are supposed to be.
As for the second item …
I swear that my Cahokian ancestors get weirder every day…
No joke…
NO exaggeration…
I am sssoooo glad certain family traditions went WAY out of fashion…
And a very long time before my time too…
The Mississippians weren’t exactly necrophiliacs, but they did spend a lot of time with friends and family in ways straight out of BAD late night horror movies. 
Argh…
Just think, so very Norman Bates but minus the psycho…
Icky.
When they had a family celebration, the whole family attended…
I want you to think about that for a second …
Because, I really mean it …
I am saying the ENTIRE family attended…
Lots and lots and lots and lots of generations of the family…
Getting my point and the appropriate matching set of heebee jeebees yet???
Yup, the words “I see dead people” would have only garnered a “so what?” and a very bored and superior expression back then…
Saying somebody at the party was “late” had multiple meanings…
I repeat, icky…
So… very… icky…
And, the Mississippians didn’t always keep the whole cadaver together…
I’m not sure what they did with the rest, please don’t clue me in …
Double yuck and nasty to the max…
For ease and convenience, it seems to often have been just the head that got a first class ticket for the periodic “coming out to meet the kids and the neighbors” excursions.
HAPPY grandparents’ day, kiddies…
Eauw…..
Thanks, but no thanks…
It felt like Halloween came early this year…
With more tricks than treats …
But this little excursion off the track was sort of fun anyway…
Especially when the guys involved in item number three started freaking out over what the locals considered good manner…
And speaking of that third item…
When you think that people are so impressed by you that they are struck speechless…
They might just not be that into you…
You really should do a little fact check before you get over-happy with your wonderful self…
Your audience might either be deaf or think you are…
Or they might be Native Americans who think you are clueless to their language and are trying to be polite…
Needless to say, this guy who was so self-impressed (clearly another dude who would have been sure that “Lord, it’s hard to be humble when you’re perfect in every way” was written about him if he had lived to hear it) was a lawyer, and it appears that lawyers are the same now as they were 600 years ago!  Way too into themselves to notice that no one else is! 
Ha….
“The victim succumbed to testosterone poisoning, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, plain and simple…”
Well, enough with the “un”pleasantries…
I promised myself to keep these blog entries to 2 pages or only just a little more and it already is, and then some.
Tomorrow, back on track…
I promise…
Sort of…
LOL, some goodies are just to tasty to wait for…

No comments:

Post a Comment